Sunday, November 30, 2008

End of the Month Update

Since the last update I have managed some really strong results. I have crept back onto the cash tables and managed $100 profit on small stakes Omaha, without really being in much danger of losing. Have also run into some extremely good form in some multis: 4th on Blue Square in a $10 hilo rebuy for $210 profit (hand that did me in was the first hi only hand I had raised with throughout the whole tournament QQJ10 not good enough for 78910). Last weekend managed to satellite into the $3k GTD PLO on Betfair, $27.50 for the satellite for a $105 buyin, with an overlay on both the satellite and the game itself. Played some really good poker, with my out hand in 3rd (for $600) the only time I made a mistake.

Then Friday I played the 22:15 $5 PLO on Betfair and was utterly dominant. Started with 49 runners, by the time we were down to 21 I had 25% of the chips and stayed like that until we were 3 way, when I doubled someone and we were all about even (40k stacks). Not to worry, I got it all back 2 hands later courtesy of my somewhat loose image and then a 2:1 chip lead meant that all I had to do was wait for a flopped straight and just slow play it. I wonder if playing a slightly higher level of game is making the smaller stake buy-ins that much more easy?

As I type I am in the $3k GTD again, having won a seat in a 5 seat GTD with only 12 entrants. Did have to luckbox a 4-way all in to take out positions 9-7 when I was shortish, but once I had some chips I was never in danger. Going to have to make the most of this as the number of runners in the event itself is 22, which is 2 down from last weeks 24 and there is no way any site will continue this much support for a tournament that is not pulling in the players.

Anyway, total profit for the month so far is $866, which is an improvement on this time last year (~$600) and will only look better if I manage to cash in the PLO tonight as well. TY for reading :)

No comments: