Thursday, November 05, 2009

October Round-up

October ended up finishing quite nicely for me as I won the early evening $5 PLO rebuy on Full Tilt again, which returned $440 for a total of $10.50 in buy-in and add-on. Total profit for the month was just over $750, all of which and more has been spent on a Macbook Pro which I am using to make this entry. It's a great little toy and unlike the Windows laptops, just seems to work. I even connected my wireless headphones via bluetooth without breaking into a sweat.

I have also download and installed Full Tilt poker for the Mac. So far I have played 6 STTs and 1 MTT on it with no cashes and not even a bubble. Not all of this is bad play, but it is a bit tilting to be missing by so far. First game should have given me the clue, in a PLO8 STT, I flop a set of Js from the BB on 47J board, fill up on the turn and get all in 3-way, only to see a 3rd 7 give someone else quads and a 3-way scoop.

Elsewhere have played a few more games on PokerStars. Now I am used to the interface I think I have worked out that the PLO8 SNGs are generally populated by clueless idiots, especially the 18 runner $16 games. I know I have not played that many games, but it is so easy to double up on the first table and the only time the going gets any kind of tricky is on the bubble with 5 left.

Anyway, going to see if switching back to the Windows laptop makes any difference to my results, GL in your games.

No comments: