Thursday, December 31, 2009

That's a wrap for 2009

Tis the season for end of year reflections, first a quick recap of my two goals for the year:

One is to buy a new number plate for my car, cost about £1k.

FAIL. Simple fact was I never quite made enough money to warrant buying the thing.

Second is to try and get out to Vegas for a $1500 PLO or O8 event in the WSOP.

FAIL. This time with a but, for the second year running, I started off badly, even worse than 2008 in fact. However, I have now banked $2k and with BA flying direct to Vegas I have enough air miles to get a flight for the $1500 PLO starting on 10th June. If anyone wants a prop bet for me to play in an Elvis cat suit.... :)

Anyway, summary for the year.

Played bad from January to March, ended up nearly $700 down. Turned it all round in April with my first ever $1k month. As with 2008, the longer the year went on, the better my results looked, apart from December. This is still profitable month, but I played in 3 Mini FTOPs (one of which I forgot I had registered for) and one night I managed to bubble in a $22 sat for the $15k O8 on Full Tilt.

Over the various sites:
- Betfair - down $150, stopped playing there completely since June as have no reason to play there and dislike their customer relationship model
- Blue Square - down $210, hardly played anything since August
- Sun - down $250, really dislike the skin and even with 30% rakeback I can't bring myself to learn to deposit on a site I don't get on with very well
- PokerStars - up $7, deposited and have been playing a few of the $16 18-man O8 SNGs, with mixed results
- Everest - up $32, again almost not played there since August
- Full Tilt - up $3,180 - including about $350 rakeback

Highlights from Full Tilt:
- 25% ROI on 278 9 seat 300 chip super turbo PLO SNGs
- 20% ROI on 123 $22 O8 SNGs
- 33% ROI on 133 rebuy MTTs, incuding 3 wins

Lows:
- Cash, again, though this year I have stayed away from it pretty much and latterly, playing low stakes I have finished some sessions in profit

Interestingly, last year I thought I was OK pre-flop and better post-flop. Having thought about it, especially in light of the results from the 300 chip SNGs, I wonder if it really is the reverse. I am much better than average at assessing hands pre, but not that great post. Maybe in 2010 I will find some time to watch some training videos, or maybe not since I still cleared $2.5k from a hobby.

Might post some goals early in January, but really the main one is to stay in profit... good luck at the tables.

Lastly, here's my lifetime Sharkscope results for Full Tilt, which I think is quite respectable.

3 comments:

Jim Thoron said...

Woah, you own dude. Thats a pretty decent ROI/profit. How long you been playing bro?

Gavin said...

Good luck for 2010 mate :)
I need one of those shark things lol

seanb said...

Sharks are over-rated :)

About 4 years Jim, but only 2 years on Full Tilt. I tend to only play games where I get 4 cards.