Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January Downdate

Can't do an update because have been playing terrible, so here is the in-rnning downdate.

Moving to a new site has set me back miles in terms of how I am playing, so much so that I will be lucky not to record a big loss in January after only 1 week in. Couple of things that are driving this:
- playing cash again, doh, when will I learn that both playing cash and calling with QQ preflop in PLO is -ev
- the MTTs are too big for the time I have available, generally get close to the money and have cashed once, but the variance when idiots call off their stack with a gutshot straight draw is huge (although I do want them to do this) and by the time it gets to the business end I have been up for 18 hours and done a full days work
- not played enough STTs to get used to the player styles and blind structures
- playing tired (see above)

I think maybe the last one is the critical point here. I was actually up to nearly $600 just after New Years day, back down to $373 as I type now. Still, tonight will see me get a decent night's kip as I am not going to be up till 1:00am and I have a lie in planned for tomorrow to get a tyre replaced on my car before work.

Going to try and put a link into a new blog for SG from the BF forum (at least he was until he got banned). lol, who hasn't had an account banned?

GL ALL

3 comments:

SG - King of the forum ban said...

Cheer Sean, much appreciated. Good luck for 2008 !!

SG - King of the forum ban said...

Forgot to say - Downdate - ROFL!! Very good, I like it!! Sorry to hear that the transfer hasn't gone well for you, but I'm sure a man of your high calibre will turn it around. Good luck!!
PS - 'My name is Kevin' - Nudge nudge wink wink ;)
All the best mate,
SG

Small Stakes Poker said...

Happy New Year
gl for 2008

Paul